Do you know what makes Miller’s Bay Farm EXTRA special???
It’s our amazing TEAM!!
(Don’t worry….that photo was ‘Pre-COVID’!)
Growing and harvesting strawberries and vegetables is a LOT of work….more work than most people realize.
Every year, we have the privilege of working with an amazing team of horticultural professionals (who are also our friends!). They come to the farm from Mexico and work for the entire season (from April through November).
Of course we also have our phenomenal group of Freshness Fanatics – usually local students who spend their summer months with us. These people are experts at making sure every customer at the Roadside Stand, or Pick-Your-Own Strawberry Patch, or Farmers’ Market Stall enjoys the special type of shopping (or picking) experience that they have come to expect from Miller’s Bay Farm!
WE COULDN’T DO THIS WITHOUT ANY OF THEM!!!
(…nor would we WANT to!!)
So, what does your ‘average’ FRESHNESS FANATIC’ look like?
Well, for starters…
…they’re FAR from ‘average’!!
F – Focused…yet Flexible
A – Ambitious
N – Notoriously Reliable!
A – Attentive to Detail
T – Teachable Team Player
I – Independent Worker and Thinker
C – Cheerful and Courteous
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Okay…stick with us here…
First, there are a few things that you should be aware of:
- **Applicants must be at least 14 years of age as of January 1st, 2021
- This is a FARM…not a grocery store. You will be spending nearly 100% of your time outdoors.
- We are open through ALL TYPES of WEATHER.
- Heavy lifting is required. You will need to lift, and carry items weighing up to 25kg.
- We are open from Monday through Saturday AND on Holidays. You may be scheduled to work on any or all of these days at some point throughout the work term.
- The days are busy. Most of your time (with the exception of breaks…) will be spent on your feet.
Interested in applying?
Great!! We’d be happy to get to know you.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete our straightforward online application form (button below)
- Applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted ASAP.
*Applicants not selected for interviews will not be contacted.
- Successful interviewees will be contacted within a few days of the interview and provided with ‘next steps’.
- All necessary training and instruction will be provided.
*(some training is PRIOR to the first day of work…some will occur on the job via managers and/or peer mentors)
Ready to go for it?
The button below will take you to our online application form.
Please complete it by answering ALL of the questions and click the ‘SUBMIT’ button at the end.
**IF everything works as it’s supposed to….you should receive an email to the address you provide, stating that we have received your form.