If you’ve tasted them…you know!!
There’s nothing like a fresh strawberries, straight from the patch!
Bring the family out to the farm and Pick-Your-Own (in season), or grab a basket of freshly picked strawberries from our roadside stand.
Right now, the strawberry plants are all ‘tucked in’ under their cozy blankets of straw and snow.
Just as we humans do, strawberry plants NEED this season of rest (or ‘dormancy’) in order to emerge rejuvenated and productive in the spring!
‘Usually’…picking begins around the middle of June.
Would you like to know EXACTLY when?
Make sure that you’re signed up for our Farm Fresh Alerts. You’ll be notified by email when each of our crops are ready.
Plus, you’ll get a copy of our recipe e-book… a collection of simple family favourites in PDF Format – using items that we grow right here!
COVID-19 means some changes…
…yet, in many ways…it’s business as usual around here.
In 2020 we implemented some new protocols and procedures, which – with your co-operation – resulted in a wonderful AND SAFE season on the farm!
We are excited as we continue to adapt and improve this year (2021), to bring you the fruits (and vegetables!) of our labour.
Here’s a quick run-down of some key points….
- Roadside Stand will be OPEN from mid-June through the end of October. (Hours are subject to change throughout the season…refer to our HOURS page.)
- Safety protocols at the Roadside Stand…please read signs and follow instructions from our team.
- Touchless payment accepted and encouraged (Cash still accepted also!)
- Pre-picked sales from the HOME FARM only (no off-farm locations this year )
- Potential for online ordering and curbside pickup if required/desired.
- Stay tuned for info re: the Perth Farmers’ Market ( Market Homepage HERE.)
In 2008, we decided that we were ready for a new challenge. So, we planted a few acres of strawberries – the traditional June-bearing type. We already grew dozens of other crops. “What’s one more?” we thought. Little did we know how steep the learning curve would be! What an adventure it has been!
Picking usually begins around the third week of June – about the time that school is finishing up for the year! Depending on the weather, we’ll have only 4 to 5 weeks of good picking.
Because the season always flies by so quickly, we recommend eating strawberries AT LEAST once a day for that entire month!!
Don’t think it can be done? Trust us…it can!! If you need a little inspiration, click here for 100+ recipe ideas from Foodland Ontario.